A German pewter canister in the form of a six-sided hexagon, each side beautifully decorated with very fine-lined engravings of floral groupings and meandering foliate work, which decorate four bordered panels, while the back panel includes a crown and eagle crest and the front panel a cartouche with the initials "M.P. E.P., 1694". The flat shoulder of the form, as well as the cap are decorated with conforming linear designs, while the lid is fitted with a heavier, ornate handle. The maker's marks can be found on the lid of the form.
Dimensions: 11.5 x 6.5 x 6.5 in.
Date: c. 1694